It is the time of year once the air becomes crisp and we start craving all the tastes of autumn: cinnamon, walnut, blossoms and, naturally, sweet potatoes. So let’s put them all together! We have the ideal dish to do it, too: Hasselback Maple Pecan Sweet Potatoes.
The hasselback process is just one of our favorites — recall our Smoky Hasselback Potatoes, Hasselback Chicken and Easy Hasselback Baked Apples?! — and it is the ideal method of having all that taste mixed in with the orange spud. Additionally, the slicing and method gives the potatoes a mixture of crispy and creamy that’s the epitome of fall food. We start cooking, so let us stop talking and can not praise this one enough! Then read on for the recipe, watch us make it.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Suggestion Hero
HASSELBACK MAPLE PECAN SWEET POTATOES
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Complete Time: 45 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius).
- Place a sweet potato involving 2 chopsticks for blade and stability advice. Every 1/4-inch over the length of this sweet potato, slice ⅞ of their way around, or till the knife strikes the chopsticks. (The chopsticks will help prevent the blade from cutting all the way through the sweet potato.) Repeat with the second potato.
- Brush the sweet potatoes with the vegetable oil. Place in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 30 to 40 seconds, or until tender.
- Eliminate the sweet sausage in the oven, and raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius).
- In a little bowl, combine the melted butter, ground cinnamon, chopped pecans, maple syrup, vanilla extract, along with kosher salt. Stir to blend.
- Spoon the maple syrup mixture above and in involving the chopped sweet potato pieces, pushing the pecan bits in between each slice.
- Pour the full sweet potatoes to the oven and bake another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Eliminate the baked sweet potatoes from the oven and spoon some cooking liquid on the sausage. Let them cool before serving.
How perfect for autumn are such sweet potatoes? Not merely are the root veggies just about to come right now, they couple well with every dish we start craving about this time of year– and this walnut pecan butter pairs perfectly with them, then. Brilliant and yummy!
What do YOU believe? Have you jumped onto the hasselback bandwagon however, or ever produced anything much like this dish? Which are your favorite ways to relish potatoes? Are you going to be giving a try to this one? What other tastes might work with this? Tell us if you attempt this, and the way it turns out for you!
Recipe adapted from My Recipe Magic