Can you men think that we’re in the last complete week of August?I’m beginning to get a twinge of enjoyment for all things fall– consisting of everything pumpkin, weather that’s a bit cooler, and football season getting underway. I have my Fantasy Football draft in a couple weeks, and I just like spending weekend early mornings in the house seeing video games.
And I miss going on longer hikes with my puppy! In the summer it’s too toasty for my furry pal to go on any inland hikes, so I’ll more than happy to head back to our favorite spots and find a couple of new ones in a month or two.BUT I also don’t prefer to get ahead of myself and try to enjoy what’s happening now, so I’m delighting in the summertime summer summertimeeeee. I’ve been doing beach yoga, this weekend I’m going paddle boarding, and I have actually been noshing on all of the terrific summertime produce as much as I can. This most definitely consists of blueberries!
Oh blueberries, you are such a fantastic fruit to have around. I can toss you on top of my cereal or yogurt, toss you into my healthy smoothies and healthy smoothie bowls, and fold you into my pancake batters.
< img src=http://www.foodielovesfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/blueberry-pistachio-muffins-3-1024x683.jpg alt width=800 height=533 > I also enjoy tossing blueberries into muffins, thus today’s dish. I’m taking a twist on classic blueberry muffins and adding a delicious oat pistachio crumb topping!Plus, these infants
consist of some healthy baking swaps: whole wheat flour rather of white(you can likewise use gluten free if you want ), honey rather of refined sugar, coconut oil and apple sauce rather of butter and/or grease. I hope that you attempt making these infants while domestic blueberries are still awesome in all of their summertime magnificence! Healthy Blueberry Pistachio Crumb Muffins Author: 2 cups whole wheat flour 2/3 cups fresh blueberries 1/2 cup+1 TBSP honey(maple syrup works too)2/3 cup natural apple sauce 1/3 cup chopped pistachios 1/3 cup dry oats 2 TABLESPOON coconut oil, melted and
- into 2 1/2 TSP cinnamon, divided in half 2 TABLESPOON almond milk (or milk of option)1
- TSP vanilla extract 1 TSP baking powder 1/4 TSP sea salt
- +a pinch for the topping Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin cups.In a big bowl, combine the entire wheat flour, sea salt
- , cinnamon and baking powder.In another bowl, whisk together 1 TBSP of
- the melted coconut oil, almond milk
- , apple sauce, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of honey.Combine the wet
- and dry mixes, mixing
- with a wooden spoon
- up until uniformly combined. Fold in the blueberries.Spoon the
- batter uniformly into the muffin cups. Bake for 10 minutes.Meanwhile, make the pistachio topping by combining the chopped pistachios, dry oats, staying 1 TBSP of melted coconut oil, staying 1 TBSP honey, and remaining 1/4 TSP cinnamon, along with a pinch of sea salt.Remove the muffins from the oven after 10 minutes of baking. Spoon the pistachio crumb topping onto the muffins, gently pushing into the muffins. Bake for another 12-15 minutes till the batter comes out clean with a toothpick in the center of the muffins.Allow to a little cool prior to taking pleasure in.
- Serving size: 1 muffin, Calories: Fat: 6g, Saturated fat: 3g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Sugar: 14g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 4g Tell me … What’s your current preferred fruit? What are you delighting in most about summertime right now?