That is because the DIY retailer was offered by its owner House Retail Group to Australian giant Westfarmers for #340 million in 2016.
The Australian DIY series Bunnings is also owned by westfarmers and all of the UK’s Homebase shops now are gradually being rebranded under the Bunnings banner ads.
Bunnings is possibly most famous for its “sausage sizzles” – a sausage wrapped in a piece of white bread with tomato sauce.
The store stocks backyard lines and more than 30,000 different home and there is a dedicated DIY workshop area in store and a ft garden centre.
There is also indoor children’s playground and a café.
In the time of the launching, retail analyst Geoff Dart stated it was too premature to state whether the UK expansion could be a success, however, that Bunnings had a good history of switching businesses.
List of Homebase shops which have shut down
THESE shops are now trading under the Bunnings banner
- Harlow started on 01 November 2017
- Worle started on 25 October 2017
- Basildon started on 10 October 2017
- Sittingbourne started on 27 September 2017
- Broadstairs started on 12 September 2017
- Milton Keynes started on 29 June 217
- Hemel Hempstead opened on 18 June 2017
- St Albans – Hatfield Road started on 12 April 2017
- St Albans- Griffiths Way opened on 2 February 2017
Homebase shops to close down from the end of the season also in 2018
THESE Homebase shops are currently being transformed
- To shut at the end of the season: Basingstoke — Currently closed for Bunnings refurbishment
- Bicester – Currently closed for Bunnings refurbishment
- To shut in 2018: Chichester – Currently closed for Bunnings refurbishment
- Walthamstow – Currently closed for Bunnings refurbishment
- Hanworth – Currently closed for Bunnings refurbishment
- Newmarket – Currently closed for Bunnings refurbishment
- High Wycombe – Currently closed for Bunnings refurbishment
While HomeBase branches have been shutting down, since then Bunnings stores have been popping out across the country.
Exotic stores like sockets in Milton Keynes, Harlow, Hemel Hempstead and Broadstairs are already trading since Bunnings.
Shops in Basingstoke and Bicester are currently closed for refurbishment and should re-open at the end of the year as Bunnings shops.
HARD WORK AHEAD
Sterling drops after fresh UK jobs amounts reveals employment has ‘declined’
WAGE BOOST FOR WORKERS
National Living Wage to rise to #7.83 an hour
WORK IT OUT
This lad’s zero hours court victory could help you unlock cash you are owed
This is the way many smoking breaks You’re legally allowed to take in a single day
BrightHouse customers will still be paying off some Black Friday ‘deals’ in 2020
A additional five shops such as – Chichester, Walthamstow, Hanworth High Wycombe – can re-open under the Bunnings brand new.
Different retailers announced their UK stores will be close by them .
These include BHS, Austin Staples and Reed among others.
We pay for your own stories! Have you got a story for Your Sun Online Money group? Email us in firstname.lastname@example.org call 0207 78 24516