Since the morning of the Industrial Revolution, mankind has fought with the fatal issue of pollution. While we”ve come quite far when it comes to maintaining our planet, serious amounts of pollution (particularly industrial pollution) are still destroying vast regions of the world.
The face of the modern day pollution problem is China, but numerous developing countries in Asia and Africa aren”t much behind. That doesn’t mean the Western world doesn”t cause its reasonable share of pollution issues, though. These pictures from around the world reveal the international face of pollution…and it”s not rather.
1. The effect of an oil spill in the Black Sea.
2. The air pollution in Singapore on a regaular day.
3. A sewage conduit dumping waste into the Yellow Sea.
4. Air pollution in Tehran, the capital city of Iran.
5. Industrial discharge in the Yangtze River in China.
6. Junk down by the river.
7. Floating garbage in London.
8. Substance wastewater
9. Now this is simply surreal…
10. … and this is totally terrible.
11. This image was shot in the day.
12. Selfies with surgical masks.
13. It”s difficult to escape plastic pollution.
14. A reservoir in China that turned blood red due to pollution.
15. My heart destroys.
16. A filthy power plant.
17. Chinese villager washing clothing in a river that is dirty.
18. Nature is being destroyed.
19. The smog over London on a summer day.
20. Waste from climbers on Mount Everest.
We don”t get a do over in regards to maintaining planet Earth. This is the only house we’ve, and once it”s panned, there”s not much we can do to bring it back from the dead.
It”s time to set the stereotype of the “tree hugger” to bed forever. Being concerned about the well-being of the planet doesn”t make you a raving nut, it makes you a compassionate human being.