(BPT) – To the avid DIYer at you, the winter can cause a tiny stress as you’re cooped up indoors and not able to handle those outdoor projects you would really like to finish. The fantastic news, however, is that the interior of your home needs equally as much DIY attention as the outside — sometimes more — and also the winter is the perfect time to handle these jobs.
Each of the jobs onto the list below can be finished in one weekend and, once done, can make your home more pleasurable for the rest of the winter months and outside.
* Apply a fresh coat of paint. Whether your drive to paint comes in a design option or a necessity to repair dings and dents, there’s no reason that you can’t handle it now. Head to the community paint shop to research options for colours and gear and then put aside a day where you are able to focus exclusively on your undertaking. If you touch up your existing colours or go bold with an accent wall, then this is one job you’re going to be happy to finish.
* Seal up those air leaks. This isn’t just great for your home, it is good for your wallet too. Gaps around doors and windows let cold air pollutants to seep in to your home since they let out the warm air required to keep you comfortable. GREAT STUFF(TM) Window & Door Insulating Foam Sealant is a solution you can use to seal openings around your doors and windows quickly to help to make your home more comfortable and to reduce the expense of the next heating bill.
* Clear that clutter. A couple of months cooped up in your home can actually lead to some excessive buildup, therefore why don’t you start your spring cleaning first? Tackle the clutter of your home over the span of several days and review. If you haven’t used a product in over a year — or you do not even understand what it’s — now is the time to market it on line, donate it just throw it out.
* Vacate the vermin. A visit in the in-laws is par for the course throughout the vacations, however there are loads of actual intruders hoping to go into your home after the weather turns chilly. Arachnids and insects of all types need simply the tiniest opening to access your home, so help block their accessibility together with GREAT STUFF(TM) Pestblock Insulating Foam Sealant. Apply this water-resistant sealant round any openings to your home — like water or heat pipes and cracks in your siding and you’ll make a barrier between you and the pests seeking to sneak in.
* Make a big splash in your bathroom. No, you are not going to spontaneously opt to remodel your bathroom, but some tiny changes within this area can make it seem like you did. Replacing your fittings is a cost-effective method to provide the room an entirely new appearance. A little elbow grease goes a long way too. Do not be scared to get back on your knees and also bid that mould goodbye once and for all with a very simple mixture of bleach and warm water.
Start your winter DIY project now.
The winter doesn’t mean that your indoor jobs need to hibernate. It is possible to get to work right now even while is a chill in the air. Start with the list above and see where you are taken by inspiration. Your home may have a radically fresh look and feel after spring has sprung.
(TM) Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company